Oregon Science Fiction Conventions, Inc. (OSFCI) maintains a Matching Gift Fund which is used to match cash donations made by OSFCI corporate Members to qualified public libraries and schools, qualified Public Broadcasting television and radio stations, and any other qualified non-profit, tax-exempt organizations which directly or indirectly promotes science or science fiction.
Matching gifts are awarded through the following process:
- The OSFCI Member includes an OSFCI form along with his or her donation.
- The organization completes this form to verify the receipt of the original donation and forwards the completed form to OSFCI.
- The Treasurer of OSFCI forwards a matching amount (up to $100) to the organization.
Click here for the Matching Gift Form in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
The following limitations apply to this program:
- This program is only available to members of the corporation (i.e. people who have worked at the committee level for at least two OSFCI events in the last four years and who have accepted OSFCI’s offer of membership).
- OSFCI will match no more than $100 per donation.
- The amount of money budgeted for this program varies from year to year, and matching gift requests received after the budgeted amount has been expended can not be fulfilled.
- This program is subject to cancellation or change without notice.
- A List of qualified organizations is kept by the OSFCI Treasurer. In the event that a corporate Member wishes to make a donation to an organization not appearing on the List, the Member must request that the Board of Directors add that organization to the list before making the donation, in order to ensure that the donation will be matched.
The current List of Qualified Organizations for OSFCI Matching Funds is as follows:
- Oregon Public Broadcasting
- KBPS Radio
- Oregon State University
- Portland Community College
- University of Oregon
- Northwest Film and Video Center
- Clarion Writers Workshop
- OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry)
- Oregon L-5 Society
- PorSFiS (Portland Science Fiction Society)
- Susan C. Petrey Clarion Scholarship Fund
- Oregon Graduate Center
- WISTEC (Willamette Science and Technology Center, Eugene)
- Portland State University
- All Public Libraries in Oregon and Washington
- All libraries In Public Primary and Secondary Schools in Oregon and Washington
This List may be amended by vote of a majority of the OSFCI Board of Directors. Only the following types of organzations (those meeting all of the following criteria) may be added:
- Tax-exempt organizations,
- Located in or focused on the Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, and British Columbia),
- Having a primarily educational, literary, and/or scientific focus.