Skip to content

Board Meeting Minutes for May 20th, 2002

Meeting Minutes

May 20, 2002

 

Present: Board and officers: Mark Wells, Melanie Schaber, David Schaber, Dean Koenig, Patty Wells, Lea Rush, Andrew Nesbit, Jim Fiscus, Aaron Curtis, and John Williamson.

 

The meeting was called to order at 8:30 pm by Linda Pilcher.

 

Minutes:

The following correction needed to be made: Change Sam Butler to Sam Justice.

Motion to accept minutes with change passed

 

Motion was made to accept Lisa Axmaker to the Board of Directors for a one year term. Passed.

Motion was made to accept David Levine to the Board of directors for a one year term. Andrew Nesbit proposed that we ask David Levine if he wants to accept before we appoint him.

 

Election of Officers: Nominations:

Linda Pilcher for President

David Schaber for Secretary

Jean Stump for Treasurer

 

Nominations were closed.

 

Treasurer's Report :

James Wilsonsage was not present at the meeting. Jean Stump promised an

updated Treasurers report would be forthcoming.

 

 

Convention Reports:

 

Westercon 54:

     Almost ready to close the books (see report). Plan is to $750 to the Endeavour Awards.

Also plan to

donate $250 for a memorium to Bruce Pelz.

 

Orycon 23:

     Should have the books closed in a few days. Plan to donate some money to the

Endeavour Awards

and the rest of the surplus will be sent to OSFCI.

 

 

Orycon 24:

     Had a meeting yesterday. Our memberships seem a bit low. Plan to start a light advertising

campaign. We have a full committee with the exception of Hospitality.

 

 

     Orycon 25:

     The board appointed Melanie Schaber as the OSFCI representative to Orycon 25.

    Marc Wells is the treasurer.

 

GameStorm 2002:

     We have not closed the books because of some outstanding checks. We have a

sizable surplus

this year.

 

 

     GameStorm 2003:

     We started negotiations with the Hotel. They are unwilling at this point to sign a

multi-year contract. The official dates of the convention are March 15-17, 2003.

Are considering dropping the computer gaming and adding a video room.

The board appointed Andrew Nesbit as the OSFCI representative to GameStorm 2003

 

Left Coast Crime:

The convention went very well. Looks like we are going to have a considerable surplus.

It may take several months to get the books closed. There is a $630 check for insurance

that has yet to be cashed. If you can’t find it, let Debbie Cross know so a new check

can be issued.

Debbie thanked the many people who went out of their way to help out during the convention.

 

 

 

Funds and Awards:

 

     Susan C. Petrey Clarion Scholarship Fund:

     We gave two scholarships out last year. Have about $7000 in the fund. Motion to appoint

Paul Wrigley and Debbie Cross to administer the Susan Petry fund was passed

 

 

Clayton Memorial Medical Fund:

   (See report).

 

Endeavour Award:

(See Report)

Motion was made to accept the Clayton and Endeavour reports passed.

 

 

Continuing Business:

 

     Subcommittees reports:

 

         No reports.

 

Other continuing business:

     Gail Butler Art disk: Gail is getting an estimate, and will inform us as soon as she finds out.

 

FAQ:

     The FAQ has been updated. Motion to send the FAQ to David Levine to post on the website

Passed.

 

 

 

 

New Business:

 

     John Bartley proposed we form a subcommittee to investigate putting together a fen cookbook

To honor Damon Knight. A motion was made to have the corporation financially

support this endeavor for up to $1000. A friendly amendment was made to submit a report to

the BOD to see if this is worth pursuing. Passed.

 

Motion to adjourn was passed.

 

Meeting ends at 9:35 pm