Skip to content

Board Meeting Minutes for January 28th, 2002

Quarterly Meeting Minutes

January 28, 2002


Present: Board and officers: Mark Wells, Melanie Schaber, David Schaber, Dean Koenig, Patty Wells, Lea Rush, David Levine, Andrew Nesbit, Jim Fiscus, Sam Justice, Aaron Curtis, and John Williamson.


The meeting was called to order at 7:35 pm by Mark Wells (For Linda Pilcher).



Minutes of previous meeting were accepted without correction.


Treasurer's Report :

James Wilsonsage was not present at the meeting.




Convention Reports:


Orycon 23:

     Nothing new to report


Orycon 24:

     Nothing to report


The memberships: over 300


Gamestorm 2002:

     Asked if they could receive contributions of old games.

Requested assistance in creating a child policy.


Sam made some suggestions for this year (and post such changes in a progress report),

and suggested a full policy be made in time for next years Membership sales.


Memberships (Pre-reg) at 66


Left Coast Crime:

Have sold enough pre-reg to break even. Plan to make budget changes accordingly.

Pre reg memberships are over 453. May get 600 at the convention


Westercon 54:

John Lorentz handed out the financial statement.

Have not calculated membership totals yet.

Still have income from advertisement that has not been received.




Funds and Awards:


     Susan C. Petrey Clarion Scholarship Fund:

     No report.



Clayton Memorial Medical Fund:

   Have sold a handful of Peggy Kennedy’s books.



Endeavour Award:

Have put together a fundraising packet.

Have selected judges for Orycon 24.



Other Continuing Business:


     Subcommittees reports:


         No reports.





New Business:


     Patty Wells brought up the fact that there is still monies left from World Horror con. They are considering putting together a “Learn to program a convention” workshop with this surplus.



John Williamson submitted a proposal to chair GameStorm 2003. Bid accepted and voted on.

John Williamson to Chair GameStorm 2003.



Melanie Schaber pointed out that Gail Butler (Artist GOH for Orycon 22) had submitted a disk of artwork to

The Kristy Bates (Orycon 22 chair) and had not received it back.

Linda Pilcher to send a formal letter to Kristy Bates and Jay Becker (Publications head, Orycon 22) requesting these materials be returned to Gail.


Motion to adjourn was passed.


Meeting ends: 8:45